To know me is to know that anytime you see me that 9 times out of 10 you will be seeing my son too! I'm a teacher... I spend a lot of my time with other people's children, so when I get free time I try to spend as much of it as I can with my son. I always manage to find low-cost events in the city for us to join together. Here's what's on the itinerary for this weekend for us:
- PLAYTIME DETROIT MOMS & TOTS Meet & Greet: Of course I have to plug our playgroup! My friend Ellisa and I started a playgroup in the city of Detroit. We're having a meet & greet this Saturday, January 27, at Good Cakes & Bakes. Playtime Detroit Moms & Tots was founded to provide moms and our children, ages 0-5, with the opportunity to play and cultivate friendships. RSVP today at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/playtime-detroit-moms-tots-meet-greet-tickets-41905944809 Bring your little on and join us for an afternoon of crafts and fun.
- Sesame Street Live! Let's Party: If your little one is anything like Baby A then he/she loves Sesame Street! There are 15 showings between January 25th and February 3rd. Tickets start at $17. Keep in mind that you have to get a ticket for any child over 1. Save money on fees by purchasing at the Fox Theatre.
- Meridian Winter Blast: Meridian is hosting Winter Blast this weekend. Festivities start this Friday at 4pm. Admission is $3 for everyone over the age of 3, but you can get free admission by bringing 3 canned goods to any Chemical Bank branch. Friday's hours are 4pm-11pm. Saturday's hours are 11am-11pm. Sunday's hours are 11am-8pm. Winter Blast is an indoor/outdoor event. There are music stages, a family tent featuring the Michigan Science Center and Arts & Scraps, a winter slide, ice skating, mini skiing lessons at the city slope, food trucks, zip lining, marshmallow roasting, an ice garden, and a winter blast polar plunge to benefit Special Olympics of Michigan. This weekend's weather will be perfect for a fun day out. Baby A and I will likely be attending Friday night.
- North American International Auto Show 2018: The NAIAS is going on until Sunday, January 28. Tickets are $14 with children under 6 free with a parent. There's a daily parade put on by The Parade Company twice a day. Friday is the Detroit Tigers Winter Caravan event that features players and PAWS. Friday is also WXYZ Family Day. Sunday is the Sensory Friendly Day.
- Oh, Ananse!: The Detroit Puppet Theatre will be putting on Oh, Ananse!, inspired by a West African tale, this Sunday at the Jazz Cafe inside the Music Hall Center. Tickets are $10 for children 2-12 and $15 for everyone over 13.
I hope to run into some of you this weekend! Comment below if you'll be joining us or have info on other events going on this weekend. Be on the lookout for next week's toddler-friendly events post!