When I shared the news that I was pregnant with my friends and family, I was met by mixed views. One in particular that stuck out to me was that my life was over. I refused to accept that. Becoming a mother would not end my life... my life would not be over! I will continue to live, experience, and have adventures. I'm 26 years old. I'm not where I want to be nor have I seen everything that I wanted to see yet, but I am determined to.
The birth of my son has enhanced my life and gave my life more purpose. I am and will continue to be a better woman, not only because of him, but especially for him. In order to hold myself accountable for such an important task, I created a 30 by 30 "bucket list."
- Graduate with my Master of Education in Special Education
- Become a certified doula
- Become a certified lactation consultant
- Visit all 50 states
- Visit 4 continents
- Become a great cook
- Learn to bake
- Save $10k
- Buy and rehab my dream home
- Learn to swim
- Road trip across the country
- Rail trip through Europe
- Make something from scratch
- Become fluent in a foreign language
- Become fluent in American Sign Language
- Go to the US Open
- Fly a plane or helicopter
- Run a 5k, 10k, half marathon, marathon.
- Get in shape
- Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
- Go to a carnival celebration
- Learn how to play an instrument
- Go camping outdoors
- Go on a cruise
- Start a podcast
- Grow waist length hair
- Learn to crotchet
- Re-purpose a piece of furniture
- Take Baby A to Disney World
- Get my credit score up to excellent
I am currently working on a few of these. I challenge you to create a realistic list of things you would like to accomplish and to set a realistic deadline for yourself. If you have accomplished any of the items on my list, please feel free to leave me some tips!
I have encouraged my friends and family to join me in my journey of 30 x 30. Comment with some things you're working on accomplishing soon!